Sunday 4 September 2011

One of my favorites

I love Jacaranda trees.  
And this is my prized possession - a painting by Francois Badenhorst.  It stands proudly in my lounge where all visitors can admire it.


And so of course I have painted jacarandas too...here is the photo used...


and here is my painting...I know it does not do the photo and the real tree justice, but it is one of my favorite paintings.  Can't wait for this years season so I can take more photos and start a new purple blue painting.  


I am proud of my first jacaranda tree painting.


A friend of the wind, you sway and bend, the blue Jacaranda, more lilac than blue...
I love you 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula - lovely paintings both: I'll pass your sentiments on to my dad; he'll be pleased to hear of the pleasure that his painting brings you.

    Robert Badenhorst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Robert, thank you so much for visiting here and for the comment. I'm a huge fan of your dad's paintings and yours too. One day I'd like to have one of your paintings :)
    Have visited your gallery in Clarens I love it.
    I intend blogging more about my art journey and I'm showing my paintings now have moved to http://painting-mom.com/ if you want to visit there

    ReplyDelete