Wednesday 12 October 2011

October is purple

October is my favorite month of the year. 


It is definitely warm now and there is no confusion we know that summer is here.  It is raining and everything is green and fresh and looking clean.  I just love October.  It is also the month of my wedding anniversary...so another reason to love the purple month.





October month is jacaranda monthAnd the whole month is purple!
I have not been to Pretoria for some time so don't know how it looks now....But Jozi right here on my door step is beautiful and purple.


I am not going to apologize for the purple slide show that is to follow....


These were taken in Bedfordview area 




...just as I get closer to Jeppe High School, I love it when I reach this road and I'm meat by this huge old tree...



I love the smell after the rain, sweet delicate perfume of the purple flowers.  






This is a small park in Turffontein - Rotunda Park - it is filled with trees inside and around the park.  A little treasure in Turffontein.


  




A Jacaranda tree stands tall, and sways as if to say, 
forgive the way I shout aloud, my lack of modesty,

I’m wearing blue today!


Light rays slide between each leaf, 
to settle on the tips 
You only have to lift your eyes to greet the filtered sun
a sight I guarantee will warm your heart.


Though very tall, my leaf is small, its form is one of fern, 
Look up to see each fern like leaf, floating up on high, 
See how far my branches reach, admire their greenery, 
so beautiful and strong, I am the Jacaranda tree.
-- by Anne Beard


Hope you enjoy this as much as I do, beautiful month of October and the Jacaranda tree 

1 comment: