Thursday 14 July 2011

Last few hours...

"There is no pleasure in having nothing to do; the fun is having lots to do and not doing it." Mary Wilson Little

That was life for the past six weeks and I have reached my last few hours of ‘rest’ just as I started enjoying myself and doing nothing.  Back to work on Monday!  *sigh*
Doctor gave the go-ahead for everything including driving.  Yeah that's a plus for me.
Still a little sore and sensitive around the tummy but definitely feeling better.


Oh these last weeks were not all such a failure, managed to read four books and I'm on number five already.  Watched a million movies some really good ones. 
Started my fabric painting, a table cloth that has been in the cupboards for years.  All I have done is one corner, but it’s a start. 
Of all the canvas I had prepared I only worked on one.  Will have to concentrate harder from now on because as usual I have a million little projects to do before the end of the year. 
And then there’s the blog that also happened somewhere in the six weeks.  Not bad at all ! 

And today I spent the afternoon spoiling the boys with homemade cookies.  Made my famous ‘surprise cookies’ and a batch of ‘fudge biscuits’ these will not see the end of the weekend.  And there was still time for another family favorite that will last about a week – my granola. 

granola 
I can share one recipe today and I know you don’t have this one, it’s so easy, it’s child’s play and of course it’s yummy - The Surprise Cookies  


1 cup margarine, ½ cup sugar, 2 cups flour, 1 tea spoon vanilla essence, pinch of salt, slab of plain cadbury’s chocolate cut into small pieces, castor sugar for dusting





Beat sugar and margarine until creamy, add flour and remaining ingredients.  Make little balls and put one small piece of chocolate in the centre.  Roll in castor sugar.  Bake until golden. 

Enjoy  :)

xoxox


1 comment:

  1. too hot to bake and we don't have cadbury's

    ReplyDelete